lout-users

Re: draft new tables chapter available for review

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: draft new tables chapter available for review
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 01:55:03 +0300

On Fri, Nov 20, 1998 at 10:09:48PM +0300, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> It would also be nice to see the code for the first example

Isn't the first example (value of math formulae) exactly the same as
in the current user's gude (well, it has an additional rule between
rows)?  I mean, the source code for the guide is in the distribution,
so when 3.13 is out with new table package, the source for the tables
chapter will be there as well.  And since the guide use all the
packages it's a good source of examples (and a good regression test
for a newly compiled binary).

> along with an explanation of how it works, and what if any issues
> came up in integrating mathematical expressions, text, and so on

To quote the Golden Rule: "Where you can put one object, you can put
any object" (modulo few idiosyncrasies that are mostly due to
difficulties with user friendly packaging).  @Diag's chapter in the
user's guide gives good examples, like using @Tab or @Graph to
position @Diag nodes.

Just my $0.02...