lout-users

Re: letters

From: Ian Carr-de Avelon
Subject: Re: letters
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 17:10:42 +0200

"Valeriy E. Ushakov" <address@hidden> Wrote:
>The letter format have been reqeusted several times.  Check list
>archives at
>
>    http://www.ptc.spbu.ru/mail-archives/lout/
>or
>    http://www.egroups.com/list/lout/  (starts May 1998, searchable)
>
>You'll find an example of Jeff's letter style and ideas that will help
>you to write your own.
Thanks for the pointer.
This looks fine if everything can sit where you like, but not when working
with windows in envelopes or things already printed on the header, which
the letter needs to be aligned with. I think I will need some way of
defining in cm where things can go and having that area reserved so that
the general  formating of the text will not use the same are. Or am
I missing something about the example?
There must be other cases where this occurs eg. lable printing.
Yours
Ian