lout-users

Re: few font tips

From: Philip Malin
Subject: Re: few font tips
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 08:54:10 +1000 (EST)

Howdy.

> Hello,
> Yesterday I tried ttftot42 program which "clothes" TrueType font and
> makes it look as Type1. This software also generates AFM file and such
> font works really nice with lout and ghostcript.
> TTFtoT42 is available here:
> http://ftp.giga.or.at/pub/nih/ttftot42

Thankyou very much for this pointer!  I just downloaded it and tried it on
my georgia fonts (probably one of the only good things to come out of
Redmond) and it worked beautifully.  I had to copy what was done in teq to
embed the font definitions into the generated postscript file but once
that was done it came out fantastically.

Cheers.

----
Phil Malin, Senior Systems Engineer    |   |   For each one who asks
Research & Technology, Melbourne IT    | --+-- receives; and he who
207 Bouverie St,Carlton,Australia 3053 |   |   seeks finds; and to him
ph:  +613-9344-9379                    |   |   who knocks it shall be
fax: +613-9347-9473                    |       opened.  Mat 7:8