lout-users

Some spacing problems with @Eq

From: James Ramsey
Subject: Some spacing problems with @Eq
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 20:39:26 -0700 (PDT)

More stuff from my lab report:

@BAD

@DP @RCAD @Eq{ epsilon sub H ^= pd over 2Et }

@DP @RCAD @Eq{ ^= {(3.00 times 10 sup 6 @R Pa)(76.14
@R mm)}
over {2(69 times 10 sup 9 @R Pa)(3.175 @R mm)} }

@DP @RCAD @Eq{ ^= 521.3 microstrainover ~~ 521.2
microstrainover }

@EAD

In the final output produced using the above text, the
"(76.14 @R mm)" and "(3.175 @mm)" end up looking a bit
stretched out, with the spacing looking sort of like
this: "( 7 6 . 1 4mm )" and "( 3 . 1 7 5mm )". The
spacing isn't quite so horrible as my ASCII rendering
of it makes it look, but it does stand out, and it
really looks kind of off. (BTW, I checked to make sure
that the stretched out spacing wasn't an artifact of
gv's preview, and yes, the funny spacing does show up
in the printed document.)

I don't know if it's supposed to come out that way or
not, but if someone has a workaround, I'd like to find
out.

P.S. "microstrainover" is just a symbol I defined for
the lab report. It's just {mu @R "in"} over @R "in".

=====

----I am a fool for Christ. Mostly I am a fool.----