lout-users

Re: A meter/measure-paper

From: Oliver Bandel
Subject: Re: A meter/measure-paper
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 00:34:39 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> > > Well, this measures and meters don't make sense to me ;)
> >
> > Hey, that were different meters.
> >
> > A waltz is in 3/4, most popular music is in 4/4,
> > jazz comes in these two but also in 6/8, 5/4, and so on...
>
> Mmm, I have some vague idea about this music thing :), I'm just not
> sure how this is intended to be visualized - I'm extremely bad at
> visual comprehension in general (e.g., my copy of The MetaFont Book
> was printed from the TeX source and lacks any pictures, not that it
> bothers me :).  And you've chosen a "symmetric" example (4 of 4/4), so
> I was unable to guess ;).

I don't know your kind of humor, but I think, you are Mr. Funny. ;-)

And it sounds really ironic.... MetaFont-Book without any
Pictures?

Ok, man, characters/letters are a kind of a picture too, so you are
writing texts without letters?

Hmhhh....

...if it was not all a joke, what you wrote above, and if you may want to
know, how daces can be visualized, then the keywords for that
are:

  - laban-notation  (very detailed and complex, but for all kinds of
                     _movement_ - any kind of dance and not only dance)

  - motif-notation  (a more practical version of laban-notation,
                     with a lot of defaults)

  - kahn-notation   (specialized tap-dance-notation)

I want to combine motif-/laban-notation and kahn-notation and
add conventional muscial-staffs (@Rotate 90d {staff}).

Ciao,
   Oliver