lout-users

Looking for a new home for the Lout mailing list

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 02:04:51 +0400

Hi, folks.

I can no longer maintain (i.e. actually take good _care_ of) the Lout
mailing list @ptc.spbu.ru.  Currently the list is running on
auto-pilot mostly and has been for some time.  So I'm looking for a
volunteer to take over the list maintenance.  It's not urgent, though.

Some time ago I created a lout project on the sourceforge, so one
option is to move the list to the sourceforge, where several people
can administrate it remotely.  Though, I feel sourceforge site "feels"
a bit heavy.  I'd prefer something like mailman or whatever is in
vogue these days.  I planned to convert from SmartList to something
else, but I no longer have enough admin powers @ptc.spbu.ru.

I also don't have any time for the home page maintenance, as you can
easily see from the RCS id at the bottom of the page, so any
volunteer(s) for this task are also welcomed.

It's a bit sad, as I've been taking care about the list/home page for
8 years and while I hasn't been active on the list recently, I do use
Lout almost exclusively for my typesetting needs.  But I don't want my
lack of time and resources to be an obstacle.  When I created the
sourceforge project I sort of hoped to trick people into joining and
and then delegate more stuff to others, but no-one showed up.

For any prospective volunteers I'd like to note that this is not going
to demand a lot of your time/energy.  The list is very low-traffic
(less than 3500 messages in a decade!), the number of subscribers is
less than 200 and new releases are not rolled out twice a day :).

Thanks.

SY, Uwe