lout-users

Special drop capitals

From: Thomas Baruchel
Subject: Special drop capitals
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:35:04 +0200

Brest, le jeudi 12 juin

Hi, I like very special drop capitals:
the drop capital uses a light face and is very great, ie. 72 or more,
with a height equal to  many text lines. I want it to be printed
as a gray watermark under the 6/7 first lines.

For instance, if I have a paragraph beginning with D. I have a
light-gray huge thin D against the left margin, and with the top
being at the top of the first line of the paragraph. Then the first line
can either be indented (ie. beginning at the right of the bounding
box of the D) or not (the second letter is against the left margin,
bove the D). All foloowing lines aren't indented and are printed
above the huge D. Is it possible to do that ?

--
« nous devons agir comme si la chose qui peut-être ne sera pas devait
être » (Kant, Métaphysique des moeurs, doctrine du droit, II conclusion)

  Thomas Baruchel <address@hidden>