lout-users

left and right justification in column in table

From: Barrie Stott
Subject: left and right justification in column in table
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:06:15 +0100

I am trying to produce a table with 3 columns to help with use of
memories in a phone. The result should be a sequence of rows of the
following form where code is a small string (< 5 characters):

        code   name   number

For example:

        x1   Christopher & Jane    1875 00 647 123 4567
        x33  Roy & Barbara Mason   987654

Occasional phone numbers are quite long as are some names and this is
a nuisance since I want the font size to be quite large. It would be
nice to coalesce columns 2 and 3 into a single column where the name
part is left justified and the phone part is right justified. I tried
to achieve this by specifying the width of the column and using |1rt
within the column as shown below. Unfortunately, the result is not as
desired; there is no space at all between name and number. If anyone
can help I'd be most grateful. (I'm using lout 3.24 under linux.)

@CD 13.3c @Wide @Tbl
        aformat { @Cell indent {right} A | @Cell width {11c} B }
{
        @Rowa A {x1}  B {"Christopher & Jane" |1rt 1875 00 647 123 4567}