lout-users

Re: left and right justification in column in table

From: Joe Beach
Subject: Re: left and right justification in column in table
Date: 14 Aug 2003 08:27:59 -0600

Hi Barrie,

One option might be to use an @Diag and a couple of text boxes in the
name/phone column.

@CD 13.3c @Wide @Tbl
aformat address@hidden indent {left}} A | @Cell width {11c} B }
{
@Rowa
A {x1}
B {
   @Diag {
   11c @Wide
   //
   NAME:: @Box translate {W to 0,0.5} margins {0c} outlinestyle {noline}
      {Christopher "&" Jane}
   NUMBER::@Box translate {E to 1,0.5} margins {0c}
      outlinestyle {noline} {1875 00 647 123 4567}
   } # end of diagram
} # end of B
} # end of table data

I haven't actually run this, but I think it will work. You'll need to be
sure to add @SysInclude {diag} to the beginning of your lout file. The
NAME text box will be at the left side of the second column, and the
NUMBER text box will be at the right side of the second column. You
might need to add an @High to the diagram, I'm not sure if it will just
automatically take on the height of its contents. You may also need to
change the margins of the text boxes, or use a different alignment to
get the placement you want. For example, translate {SW to 0,0} instead
of {W to 0,0.5}, or something like that. But I think the basic idea will
work.

Joe Beach

--
Joe Beach <address@hidden>