lout-users

Re: (no subject)

From: Joe Beach
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:18:47 -0700

You can use @NP to force a new page, if you are wanting a page break
before the normal algorithm wants to make one. If you are wanting a
single long length of text, as for a scroll or banner, you could set the
page size in the doc file (or whichever setup file you are using) to
some large value, I suppose. If the page size gets too big, though, it
will make lout crash. If I remember right, that happens because lout
keeps track of locations on the page by dividing it into cells 1/20 of a
point (point=1/72 inch) across. If the page size is too large, the
number of cells exceeds the size allowed in some of louts integer
variables. Because of this, I doubt there is a way to turn off page
breaking because it would quickly lead to page sizes that would break
things. However, I am a mere user, some of the programmers may be able
to give a more definitive answer.

Joe