lout-users

Version 3.31 of Lout now available

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Version 3.31 of Lout now available
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:14:37 +1100

I've put Version 3.31 of Lout up at the usual place:

    ftp://ftp.it.usyd.edu.au/jeff/lout/lout-3.31.tar.gz

There is a diff file there as well from 3.30 to 3.31, and also
a copy of the current User's Guide:

    ftp://ftp.it.usyd.edu.au/jeff/lout/lout-3.31.user.ps.gz

I would appreciate reports from early adopters letting me know
of any problems.  See below for the list of changes.

Jeff Kingston

Changes and new features introduced in Version 3.31 [August 2005]

   Bug fixes:
     Ludovic Courtes's fix for ligatures problem
     Kingston and Piotrowski's fix for list number referencing problem
     Fix for things adjacent to relations disappearing in program texts
   Added @VStrut, @ZeroWidth, @ZeroHeight symbols to basic setup module
   New User's Guide section ("Precise object placement") documenting
     @VStrut, @ZeroWidth, @ZeroHeight, and similar already existing symbols
   Improved rule for avoiding orphan section headings, following a
     suggestion by Ludovic Courtes
   Added @ChapterContentsIndent, @SectionContentsIndent etc. to setup files
   Latin3 and Esperanto (contributed by Ludovic Courtes)
   "Bullets" and "Symbols" footnote numbering styles (contributed by
     Michael Piotrowski)
   "marginkerning @Break" (contributed by Ludovic Courtes)
   @E inline equation symbol now squeezes superscripts, more like TeX
   "lout @Space" now used throughout program texts by default (can be