lout-users

How can you indent in terms of a particular font's width?

From: Mark Summerfield
Subject: How can you indent in terms of a particular font's width?
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 08:39:49 +0000

Hi,

I am using an indent like this:

    |4f

This gives me an indent 4 characters wide in the current font. But the
current font isn't the one I want to use, so what I really want to say
it:

    |{width of 4 spaces in a specific font}

I've tried

    |{{Crystal Base address@hidden 4f}

and

    |{{Crystal Base address@hidden 4s}

but I still get the width of the current font (which isn't Crystal) with
4f, and no indent at all with 4s.

I even tried:

    {|4w{{Crystal Base address@hidden "    "}}

but that doesn't work either.

I'll solve this by using a literal width, e.g., |0.8c or similar, but it
would be nice to know how to do it generically if anyone knows?

Thanks.

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd., www.qtrac.eu