lout-users

Re: How can you indent in terms of a particular font's width?

From: Mark Summerfield
Subject: Re: How can you indent in terms of a particular font's width?
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 12:18:32 +0000

On Fri 8-Dec-06 11:53, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mark Summerfield <address@hidden> writes:
> > I am using an indent like this:
> >     |4f
> >
> > This gives me an indent 4 characters wide in the current font. But the
> > current font isn't the one I want to use, so what I really want to say
> >
> > it:
> >     |{width of 4 spaces in a specific font}
>
> Maybe by enclosing the concatenation character itself in address@hidden':
>
>   { The Font } @Font {
>     { The Other Font } @Font { Left }
>
>     |4f
>
>     { The Other Font } @Font { Right }
>   }
>
> (I haven't tried it, though.)

Hmmm, doesn't look like it'd be that nice to use though. In the end I
found out the exact widths I needed and now use them, e.g.,

    macro @ia{0.667c}

    |@ia

That is easy to write and has the benefit that I can change my widths in
one place (my defs.lout file) if I ever need to.

Thanks.

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd., www.qtrac.eu