lout-users

Re: Lout on Mac OS X

From: Kein-Hong Man
Subject: Re: Lout on Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 23:56:47 +0800

Dave Baldwin wrote:
I have just downloaded and compiled Lout 3.35 as per the makefile.
[snip]
and tried to use it to recreate the user.ps

The reported errors for the last run are:

        : lout -r beginning run 6:
lout file "str_indx" (from "str" line 16, from "all" line 38):
    54,1: 0.3c object too high for 0.1c space; will try elsewhere
lout file "gra_summ" (from "gra" line 44, from "all" line 46):
    10,1: 24.1c object too high for 23.6c space; @Scale inserted
lout file "prg_tabs" (from "prg" line 141, from "all" line 48):
   66,23: prg2lout 2,1: program text ended within comment
   68,35: prg2lout 2,1: program text ended within comment

which are different than shown in the README in the lout-3.35/doc/user directory.

No, that looks the same as what the README says.

The .ps file cannot be converted to a pdf by the Preview application so as a check I tried downloading the user.ps file mentioned in the README file from the ftp site and this also fails to be converted, so maybe this is a different problem. The conversion process worked for an earlier version of the document (3.25) so maybe this is the same problem a has already been reported when converting with Acrobat?

Viewing on Ghostscript/Gsview (Win32) failed for me on several pages, but conversion works. Dunno about Mac.

Anyhow, is the README out of date or has my installation gone wrong in some way?

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)