lout-users

Re: Bookmarks in PDF documents

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Bookmarks in PDF documents
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 18:39:50 +0200

Hi,

Dave Baldwin <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks that was useful and allowed me to develop:
>
> def @Bookmark
>       named @Tag {}
>       named @Title {}
>       named @Level {0}
> {
>    {  @BackEnd @Case
>       {
>               PostScript @Yield {
>                       ["/"Count @Level "/"Title "("@Title")" "/"Dest
> "/"LOUT""@Tag "/"OUT pdfmark
>               }
>           else @Yield ""
>       }
>    } @Graphic { }
> }
>
> which seems to work in my limited testing.

The `/Count' field specifies the number of sub-bookmarks.  A negative
number indicates that the bookmark is closed; no `/Count' means there
are no sub-bookmarks.  Thus, it has nothing to do with the depth level.

Integrating it into the definition of address@hidden' (or
whatever it's named) would require fetching the number of
sub-structures, which I suspect is uneasy.

Good luck!

Ludovic.