lout-users

Re: Many error msgs for all user-documents in lout 3.38 (MS Vista + Cygw

From: KHMan
Subject: Re: Many error msgs for all user-documents in lout 3.38 (MS Vista + Cygwin)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 20:46:17 +0800

Volker Renneberg wrote:
Hi there again!

Finally, I succeeded to compile lout 3.38 under Cygwin/Windows Vista. However, I cannot compile any of the delivered lout documents (slides, expert, user, design).

It gives a lot of messages of the form:
lout file "all":
   69,1: width missing from 0i
   69,1: /, | and & must be enclosed in double quotes

I have attached the compilation report for the slides-document.

I have set OSDOS to 1 and OSUNIX to 0. I have tried it with locale turned on and off. I did not change any of the include-files.

Right now, I do not know where this problem comes from neither where to look at.... Any ideas?

A follow up.

I guess the likely problem is in z19.c:223. I think there is a small difference between the implementation of [s]scanf in newlibc and gnulibc. From the ISO C standard draft n1256, it looks like newlibc is correct, or maybe both are valid interpretations. The use of sscanf in that part of the code looks like it really needs to depend on pretty specific behaviour, fairly brittle usage.

I will patch my version later today and see if it runs properly on cygwin with the fix.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)