lout-users

Re: Is there a lout package repository?

From: Martin Michel
Subject: Re: Is there a lout package repository?
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 23:07:38 +0200

Hi Reinoud,

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 10:18:19PM +0200, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:

> Sounds like you have made something that could be added eventually to the lout
> distribution as a font tool :) If you'd like. Is it sane enough to be
> considered a possible addendum?

I would be happy if you want to add it to a distribution package. The script was
borne out of my personal need, I wanted to test several fonts with Lout and
automated the task. It works well for me but is not rigorously tested outside. A
downside is that it depends on an external tool (ttf2pt1) which also needed a
patch. I tried to document the setup on its Github page. The installation is not
really very comfortable but once done it works and has served quite a bunch of
good looking external fonts with Lout for me. Of course, the same thing can be
done manually/differently as most of you will have used Postscript fonts already
in other ways.

-Martin