Re: [Ltib] building my C/C++ application for FREESCALE m532xevb

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] building my C/C++ application for FREESCALE m532xevb
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 11:05:44 +0000

Hi Giovanni,

FYI: there is some help here:
http://www.bitshrine.org/autodocs/LtibFaq.html

1.

You do not have to use an RPM, but it is recommended as it takes care of
wiring in the compiler and setting up rootfs/usr/{include,lib}.  It also
helps when you want to update the package as it takes care of managing
which files are in a package.

However, if you prefer not to, you can use the cross compiler that your
BSP is using.  The way to get the details is to look in:
config/platform/m532xevb/.config (or defconfig if you've not built it)
and find (for example):

CONFIG_TOOLCHAIN="freescale-coldfire-m68k-uclinux-4.1-14.i686.rpm"
CONFIG_TOOLCHAIN_PATH="/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.1-uclibc-0.9/m68k-uclibc"
CONFIG_TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX="m68k-uclinux-"
CONFIG_TOOLCHAIN_CFLAGS="-m5307 -DCONFIG_COLDFIRE -DCONFIG_CLOCK_240MHz"

You can then use this information outside LTIB to build your package.
If you need to access the interface of another package you'll need to
remember to add -I<path_to_your_ltib>/rootfs/usr/include and
-L<path_to_your_ltib>/rootfs/usr/lib . You may also need
-nostdinc/-nostdlib

2. For the MMUless processors (only), LTIB is very limited in the
packages that will actually build and work (the ones in the defconfig).
Until there is a dist/uClinux/... in LTIB you may be better to use
http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/dist/ as this has better userspace
package support.  If you need to you can use the kernel pieces from LTIB
and the toolchain and just use it to build your userspace.

NOTE to all: for processors with MMUs this does not apply, and LTIB is a
good choice (~150 packages build with either glibc or uClibc).

Regards, Stuart