Re: [Ltib] Anyway to have different defconfigs for configurations?

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Anyway to have different defconfigs for configurations?
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:32:55 +0100

Hi Peter,

You can't have 2 defconfigs, but you can have alternative
configurations.

There are 2 types:

1/ ./ltib --preconfig <path_to_file>

In this case you can load an alternative configuration for LTIB.  This
is normally generated by starting form a defconfig and then
re-configuring it until it's how you want and then saving
config/platform/<target>/defconfig.dev to a new filename.

You can also load up these alternative configs from your ./ltib -m
config session by using the "Load an Alternate Configuration File" at
the bottom of config session.  At that point you are working in the
directory onfig/platform/<target> and so just need to know the name of
the config file.

2/ ./ltib --profile <path_to_profile>

In this case it keeps all the BSP specific configurations (kernel,
bootloader, toolchain etc) but allows you to change which userspace
packages are selected.  The idea is that across platforms you may want
to share different profiles that represent different classes of device.

In the case of profiles I have a number of improvements that I haven't
yet had time to merge out (the current stuff should work though).  My
apologies for that, but as I've mentioned before I've been working on
something else for the last few months, but I will be back on LTIB soon.
There are a lot of very useful changes in the pipeline and so I hope
everyone can be patient for a little while longer.

Regards, Stuart