[Ltib] Adding external sources to LTIB

From: Norbert Leder
Subject: [Ltib] Adding external sources to LTIB
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 21:18:37 +0100

Hi,

today I tried to build and install the ffmpeg-gstreamer plugins for the iMx31 Freescale board we are using for our current project. I tried out to build the sourcepackage using ./configure --host=arm and the
/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.1.2-glibc-2.5-nptl-3/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc
compiler.
It compiled/installed without an error but it didn't create me .so files automatically and I wasn't able to make it work on the iMx31.

I guess that's because of the lack of building parameters specially for the iMx31.

So is it a good idea to try a installation approach using LTIB?
If yes, how can I do that, is there anywhere a HOWTO that tells me how to add external source packages to LTIB?

with best regards
Norbert LEDER