Re: [Ltib] Adding external sources to LTIB

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Adding external sources to LTIB
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 08:58:24 +0000

Hi Norbert,

This will appear in an update when I can get time to merge out again.

For now I've attached a spec file gst-ffmpeg.spec you can drop this into
dist/lfs-5.1/gst-ffmpeg/ .  If it's not the version you want it should
be enough for you to see how to build it.

To build it you'll have to do: ./ltib -p gst-ffmpeg.spec as it's not
wired into the config system.

The instructions on how to add packages is in the FAQ in this section:
http://www.bitshrine.org/autodocs/LtibFaq.html#ref_81

Regards, Stuart

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 21:18 +0100, Norbert Leder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today I tried to build and install the ffmpeg-gstreamer plugins for the
> iMx31 Freescale board we are using for our current project. I tried out
> to build the sourcepackage using ./configure --host=arm and the
> /opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.1.2-glibc-2.5-nptl-3/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc
> compiler.
> It compiled/installed without an error but it didn't create me .so
> files automatically and I wasn't able to make it work on the iMx31.
>
> I guess that's because of the lack of building parameters specially for
> the iMx31.
>
> So is it a good idea to try a installation approach using LTIB?
> If yes, how can I do that, is there anywhere a HOWTO that tells me how
> to add external source packages to LTIB?
>
> with best regards
> Norbert LEDER

%define pfx /opt/freescale/rootfs/%{_target_cpu}

Summary         : GStreamer plugin for FFmpeg codecs
Name            : gst-ffmpeg
Version         : 0.10.3
Release         : 1
License         : LGPL
Vendor          : Freescale
Packager        : John Faith
Group           : Applications/System
Source          : %{name}-%{version}.tar.bz2
Patch1          : gst-ffmpeg-0.10.3-relink.patch
BuildRoot       : %{_tmppath}/%{name}
Prefix          : %{pfx}
URL             : http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-ffmpeg

%Description
%{summary}

%Prep
%setup
%patch1 -p1

%Build
ac_cv_func_register_printf_function=no \
./configure --prefix=%{_prefix} --host=$CFGHOST --build=%{_build}
--without-check --disable-altivec
DEBUG_CFLAGS="-g" make
#make

%Install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
make install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}
find $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}/%{_prefix}/lib/ -name "*.la" | xargs rm -f

%Clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%Files
%defattr(-,root,root)