[Ltib] Best way to run depmod.pl

From: John Weber
Subject: [Ltib] Best way to run depmod.pl
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 17:31:46 -0500

Hi There,

Looking for the best way to get depmod.pl to run with the ltib script.  I have a binary kernel module that I've put into the merge/lib/modules/2.6.23/kernel.  I'd like depmod.pl to run to update the modules.dep.

My understanding is the sysconfig is supposed to run depmod after the merge, so that should be OK.  But, how do I trigger sysconfig to do this during the ./ltib run?

The end goal, of course, is to have the module inserted into the kernel using the normal initialization framework available within LTIB, rather than make up my own init scripts and put them into the merge directory.

John