[Ltib] "can't open gcc"

From: Peter Barada
Subject: [Ltib] "can't open gcc"
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 13:05:04 -0400

I've produced a release .iso if the imx31lite work I've been doing and
installing/testing it on a different machine (Ubuntu usermode virtural
server).

I've done this with previous images successfully.  With my new image
building fails on the first invocation of the spoofed gcc with "can't
open gcc", but if I try to run the spoofed gcc from a shell started with
"./ltib -m shell", it succeeds.

Attached is the log of building the kernel where its Makefile was
replaced with one that only has:

oldconfig:
        set; which gcc; gcc -v

to dump the environment and then attempt to invoke the spoofed gcc
(which fails).

I've tried removing and reinstalling the LTIB .iso from scratch twice
now to no effect.

Any ideas why the "can't open gcc" message shows up?

Thanks in advance!