[Ltib] LTIB package add instructions do not appear correct.

From: John Jeffers
Subject: [Ltib] LTIB package add instructions do not appear correct.
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 15:37:07 -0500

After

   * adding a .spec file from the template in
     ~/dist/lfs-5.1/<my_package>/<my_package>.spec
   * adding the tarball correctly in
     /opt/freescale/pkgs/<my_package>-1.0.tar.gz
   * adding ~/dist/lfs-5.1/common/pkg_map  near the end
     "PKG_FACT                         = fact"
* adding ~/config/userspace/extra_packages.lkc * "comment 'Lufkin Package selection'
         o config PKG_FACT
               bool "fact"
               help
                 Test Application"

The package is not recognized ie. ./ltib -m prep -p fact

Returns:
Cannot find spec file that contains the package name fact.
If necessary please give the whole spec file name (with the
.spec extension).

Until after one runs >./ltib -m config

fact is then correctly processed.

Thus there is another file that is populated. ie. flex is correctly processed.

Do we know which file it is?

Thanks John

address@hidden:~/projects/ltib-mcf5445x-20071214> ./ltib -m prep -p fact

Cannot find spec file that contains the package name fact.
If necessary please give the whole spec file name (with the
.spec extension).

Exiting on error or interrupt
address@hidden:~/projects/ltib-mcf5445x-20071214> ./ltib -m prep -p flex

Processing platform: Freescale M5445X Coldfire/M68k (MMU)
using config/platform/mcf5445x/.config

Processing: flex
==================

   How can I add a completely new package to the root filesystem

The following work-flow examples show the process of importing new packages to the root filesystem.

     I have a directory with some sources unpacked

1. First clean your sources (remove any .o, .a, .so generated files) and then make a 'tarball', for instance:

cd <my_new_package>-x.y
make clean
cd ..
tar zcvf <my_new_package>-x.y.tar.gz <my_new_package>-x.y

2. Move this tarball to the LPP so *ltib* can find it.

mv <my_new_package>-x.y.tar.gz /opt/freescale/pkgs/

3. Create a specfile using the existing template.

mkdir dist/lfs-5.1/<my_new_package>
cp dist/lfs-5.1/template/template.spec
dist/lfs-5.1/<my_new_package>/<my_new_package>.spec

4. Edit and fixup the template to reflect your package. The fields that need changing are:
*Field*         *Description*
Summary         put in a summary of what the package is/does
Name    put in the name of the packge (usually from the tarball name)
Version         put in the version (usually from the tarball/directory
Release         start at 1 and rev each time you change the spec file
License         e.g GPL/LGPL/BSD, look this up in the package's files
Group   If this exists on an rpm based machine, copy from rpm -qi
If not, choose something from /usr/share/doc/rpm-/GROUPS
%Build often you'll need to add *--host=$CFGHOST --build=%{_build}* to the configure clause

5. Unpack the new package sources:

./ltib -m prep -p <my_new_package>