[Ltib] Attempting to port netcat 1.84 to PPC

From: John Weber
Subject: [Ltib] Attempting to port netcat 1.84 to PPC
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 17:01:34 -0500

Has anyone attempted to port nc (netcat) to PPC?  Not the GNU netcat,
but the OpenBSD netcat.

Downloaded the SRPM and installed it with rpm -i in order to get at
the spec and source files.

The issue is that the spec file has a dependency on a couple of things
- pkg-config and glibc-2.0.

Here is a snippet of the spec file:

Version: 1.84
Release: 10%{?dist}
Source0: nc-%{version}.tar.bz2
Patch0: nc-1.84-glib.patch
Patch1: nc-1.78-pollhup.patch
Patch2: nc-1.82-reuseaddr.patch
Patch3: nc-gcc_signess.patch
Patch4: nc-1.84-connect_with_timeout.patch
Patch5: nc-1.84-udp_stop.patch
Patch6: nc-1.84-udp_port_scan.patch
Patch7: nc-1.84-crlf.patch
Patch8: nc-1.84-verb.patch
License: GPL
Group: Applications/Internet
BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-root
BuildRequires: pkgconfig, glib2-devel
Requires: glib2

I know that I can add the glib2 package, so run time support shouldn't
be a problem.  How do I get around the other dependencies, though?

John