Re: [Ltib] Pthread Lib Version

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Pthread Lib Version
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 11:13:42 +0100

Hi Nikola,

As far as the kernel goes, it doesn't matter.

The C libraries in LTIB are pulled out from whatever toolchain you use.
As far as I can see (it's worth checking with Freescale), the current
toolchain is tc-fsl-x86lnx-armeabi-nptl-4.1.2-3.i386.rpm, this uses NPTL
libpthread-2.5.so.

This is a userspace threading POSIX interface, but ultimately it's the
kernel that creates and assists with the control of the threads.

The rpms (installable prebuilt binary) will be downloaded for you by
LTIB if you select the imx27, but if you like you can get it directly
from
http://bitshrine.org/gpp/tc-fsl-x86lnx-armeabi-nptl-4.1.2-3.i386.rpm

The source for this can be found in glibc-2.5, which is here:
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glibc/

Regards, Stuart