[Ltib] Freescale vs LTIB community

From: Svein Seldal
Subject: [Ltib] Freescale vs LTIB community
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 00:53:12 +0200

Hi

We are considering to base our next product (I am working in a major medical company) on a Freescale system. LTIB is indirectly chosen since this is the system Freescale's BSP is using. So for assurance reasons, please let me raise some questions to the LTIB community:

What is the relationship between Freescale and the LTIB community?

I see lots of (C) Freescale in the LTIB code, and I also see Stuart's address with a freescale.com suffix. Are you (Stuart) an employee of Freescale? (Nothing bad about that, don't get me wrong.)

I see that the LTIB is merging from Freescale's repository regularly. Is this going both ways? Are Freescale pulling from the LTIB? I mean, if we contribute with code/fixed/enhancement to the LTIB, would this make it _into_ Freescale's release at some point?

Who's driving the development (i.e. new packets/ports, enhancements, etc)? Is the development driven internally from Freescale, while the LTIB community is just tagging along, or does it work both ways?

- Svein