Re: [Ltib] Why world writeable install?

From: Svein Seldal
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Why world writeable install?
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 13:44:30 +0200

Stuart Hughes wrote:
There would have been some reason or corner case (maybe a distro issue). To be honest I can't recall why that went it (it was back in 2005). I agree with you that it would be better for it to be set to 0022. I will try that way and if it does no harm I will check in the change to Savannah CVS.

Why set it at all? Then the distro and user's default will be used.

I looked at the ltib.tar.gz files which the script installs, and the user&permissions are fine for the contents.

Thanks.

- Svein