Re: [ltib] Problem with iptables

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [ltib] Problem with iptables
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:32:25 +0100

Hi Michał,

Please keep emails on the list. If you turn on "configure the kernel" in ltib, or otherwise invoke kernel configuration you will get a kernel config screen. For example:

$ ./ltib -p kernel -c -f

Processing platform: Freescale MPC8349E-mITX board
using config/platform/mpc8349itx/.config

Processing: kernelxxxx
================================
Then a normal kernel config screen pops up:

┌───────────Linux Kernel Configuration ─────────────────┐
[ ] 64-bit kernel
    Processor support  --->

From here, navigate to:
[*] Networking support  --->
     Networking options  --->
 <*> Packet socket  (This is CONFIG_PACKET, see Help)
[*] Network packet filtering framework (Netfilter)  --->

Within the Network package filtering framework you can select further otpion. Take a look at: http://www.shorewall.net/kernel.htm

When you're done, save/exit and your kernel with the new options will be rebuilt.

Regards, Stuart

Michał Sewera wrote:
Hi,

but in fact there is a kernel menu in ltib (configure kernel), but
here I can't find this CONFIG_PACKET  options to enable (it should be
in make config). In which file I should look for this ?

thanks a lot,

regards

W dniu 22 lipca 2009 17:04 użytkownik Michał Sewera