Re: [Ltib] Howto extract kernel from LTIB

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Howto extract kernel from LTIB
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:53:20 +0100

Hi Marcel,

To get just the kernel source:

$ ./ltib -p kernel -m prep

The will be unpacked into rpm/BUILD/linux*

If you want the source components individually you can use this link: http://ltib.org/resources-unbundled, for example: http://ltib.org/autodocs/bsp_ext_ava_imx27ads.html lists each source component, you can click each file you want (they will already have been downloaded to /opt/ltib/pkgs if using Savannah LTIB).

Regards, Stuart

Marcel Gielen wrote:
I am trying to extract  kernel source from ltib  (imx) for separate build.

I was wondering why the config menu is different when I run

“make menuconfig”  from ./ltib/rpm/BUILD/linux-….

Compared to the kernel config which I get vis ltib kernel config

Any suggestion how I can extract the kernel from ltib for separate build. ?

Marcel