Re: [Ltib] LPC3250 board, X server fault: Invalid argument

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] LPC3250 board, X server fault: Invalid argument
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:59:38 +0100

Hi Dmitry,

It's a guess but it looks as though your board has not been built with frame buffer support in the kernel.

I'm not sure about the mode error. The only platform I've run on are an old MAC G4 box using.

Regards, Stuart

Dmitry Vinokurov wrote:
Hello,

I've compiled X server "tiny X (kdrive)" package and all packages in "X11 libraries and packages section".

When I try to execute 'startx' on RDK LPC3250, I get:
/*
_XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
_XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/nxp:0
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6
*/

Then I try to manually execute first line of startx script with '-nolisten tcp' parameter:
# Xfbdev -nolisten tcp -ac -mouse mouse -keybd keyboard

And get following output:
/*
Warning: mode not found, using default
error: Invalid argument

Fatal server error:
no screens found
*/

Executing
# Xfbdev -nolisten tcp
gave same output.

Can anybody explain, what exactly argument is invalid and what 'mode' Xfbdev haven't found?

Thanks in advance.