[Ltib] Problems Building a Toolchain RPM

From: Mark
Subject: [Ltib] Problems Building a Toolchain RPM
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 15:37:34 +0000

Hello

I've been using LTIB with an independent toolchain provided by the
manufacturer of the development board that we are using. I am trying to
package the toolchain into an RPM so that it can form part of my LTIB release.
I am having trouble in creating an 'LTIB-compatible' RPM.

My first approach was to use the RPM tools that came with my distro (openSUSE
11.3, RPM 4.8.0), but the resulting RPM is rejected by LTIB based on a failed
dependency 'rpmlib(PayloadIsLzma)'. I understand that this may be to do with
changes in the compression technique used for the RPM payload.

Then I tried building an RPM using the LTIB environment with RPM 4.0.4, but
this time the process fails with 'unpacking of archive failed: cpio: Bad
magic'.

I just wondered whether anybody has any suggestion or pointers that might help
me.

Thanks

Mark