Re: [Ltib] DirectFB Example Project for LTIB

From: Jeremy Wood
Subject: Re: [Ltib] DirectFB Example Project for LTIB
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 18:15:01 -0800

Stuart,

I finally got a simple directfb project to build and run. Trying to use the DirectFB-examples as an example project was a mistake, because the build process in it is a bit too complicated for me.

I It turns out that all that needed to be added to the helloworld makefile was to put the pkg-config directfb calls in the appropriate areas. Here are the two lines in the helloworld makefile that needed to be changed:

CFLAGS   = -g -Wall -O2 -MD `pkg-config --cflags directfb`

- and -

LDFLAGS  = -g -Wall -O2 `pkg-config --libs directfb`

I figured this out by combining the helloworld files, and some very simple directfb makefiles I found elsewhere—just not for ltib, naturally.

Thank you,

Jeremy
Stuart Hughes
February 26, 2011 6:15 AM

Hi Jeremy,

The DirectFB examples are available in LTIB if you run ./ltib -m config
and select them.

If you're asking about what all the stuff in
dist/lfs-5.1/DirectFB/DirectFB-examples.spec
is all about. Then a good starting point for .spec files for LTIB is to
look at dist/lfs-5.1/helloworld/helloworld.spec

There is also some info in the FAQ online as well as some hints in the
files in the doc directory of the LTIB distro.

For a general reference to rpms, take a look at the Maximum RPM book,
which is online.

Some of the entries in the LTIB .spec files may look a bit weird. This
is a function of cross compiling and safety for the most part. If
there's anything in the helloworld.spec that you can't understand, feel
free to ask.

Regards, Stuart
Jeremy Wood
February 25, 2011 4:34 PM

I'm having a hard time bridging the gap over to LTIB with a DirectFB project.

Does anybody have a simple spec file, package, etc for LTIB that I could use as a starting point? Trying to tease apart the way that the directfb examples are built is beyond my makefile (etc) knowledge.

TIA,

Jeremy