Re: [Ltib] Auestion regarding ltib.preconfig configuration changes and h

From: Peter Barada
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Auestion regarding ltib.preconfig configuration changes and how to have LTIB follow it
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 10:10:33 -0400

On 04/25/2012 02:55 PM, Mike Goins wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Peter Barada <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I'm trying to enable some packages to the host configuration and so far
>> I'm stumped.
>>
>> If I enable "flex" (for example) in config/platform/host/ltib.preconfig,
>> and then run "./ltib -b --hostcf" it looks like ltib does:
> Have you tried "./ltib -b --hostcf --preconfig
> config/platform/host/ltib.preconfig" ?
>
> I use this for the non-host platforms, but have yet to check for host
> to see how it behaves.

Yes that works, but the generic case (where .host_warning# is not there)
results in relying on platform/shost/host.config instead of any possible
change to ltib.preconfig.

I'm trying to use LTIB in a continuous integration system using buildbot
where a build already exists and I want the build to reflect any changes
from my SCM.  In fact I should add code to the ltib script to make
.host_waarning# dependent on config/platform/host/ltib.preconfig and
remove it if ltib.preconfig is newer.  Then a standard "./ltib -b
--preconfig config/platform/xx/defconfig" would properly rebuild the
host tools to reflect the change in ltib.preconfig.