[Ltib] imx53 QSB on Ubuntu 12.04

From: Bair, Richard
Subject: [Ltib] imx53 QSB on Ubuntu 12.04
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 10:30:40 -0700

Hello and thanks for reading!

I'm new to the imx53 QSB and that processor family in general.  I have two
questions/issues:

ITEM 1
======
I've successfully installed the CVS update of LTIB on Ubuntu 12.04 based on
support from this list.  I was able to successfully build uboot and a 2.6.22-mx
kernel selecting one of the supported platforms (imx31 ads).

The issue I have is that the platform for the imx53 is not available by default
in the CVS and that's my current target.  I've been somewhat successful getting
the imx53 and im5x "menu items" to appear when I copy from the BSP tree to the
CVS tree.  Specifically, I copy:

/home/rich/imx53/L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER/L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER_source/ltib/config/platform/imx

to the CVS build tree.  Again, this allows me to pick "imx Reference Boards"
and an "im5x" platform when I run ./ltib.  However, typically uboot will build
and the kernel will fail (I'll post the message later today).

a) Is there a process for integrating imx53 BSP support into the main CVS?  How?
b) I also request support on the error message (again, will post near-term)

ITEM 2
======
Once I have built /rootfs, is there a script for copying to the uSD card?  So
far I've only created the uSD card using the windows application:
MCIMX535-START-R-BSP-11-09_C.exe.

Any advice you could offer would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich