Re: [Ltib] Ubuntu 12.04 vs 10.04 libc.so libpthread.so absolute path rem

From: Mike Goins
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Ubuntu 12.04 vs 10.04 libc.so libpthread.so absolute path removal
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 18:21:42 -0400

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Sale, Devin M <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the base_libs.spec there's this little bit of perl code.
>
> # remove absolute paths from text search files (if they exist)
> perl -w -e '
>     @ARGV = grep { `file $_` =~ m,ASCII C program text, } @ARGV;
>     exit(0) unless @ARGV;
>     $^I = ".bak";
>     while(<>) {
>         s,[\S/]+/,,g if m,^GROUP,;
>         print;
>     }
>     ' $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}/lib/libc.so \
>       $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}/lib/libpthread.so \
>       $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}/usr/lib/libc.so \
>       $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}/usr/lib/libpthread.so
>
> which does what the comment says and leaves a libc.so.bak and
> lipthread.so.bak in the rootfs.

I am not sure what version you are using (Freescale supplied?) but
latest ltib has:

perl -w -e '
    @ARGV = grep { `file $_` =~ m,ASCII\s+.*text, } @ARGV;
    exit(0) unless @ARGV;
    $^I = ".bak";
    while(<>) {
        s,[\S/]+/,,g if m,^GROUP,;
        print;
    }

This was a change made early this year when magic types varied with
newer Linux releases:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/ltib/2012-01/msg00014.html