[Ltib] One step, CMO build

From: Jump, Lance
Subject: [Ltib] One step, CMO build
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 12:58:46 +0000

Designation: Non-Finmeccanica

Is it possible to archive (in SVN, for example) a complete package that allows LTIB to rebuild from “source” with a single command using the libraries that were archived at the time of archive?

The situation is this. The developers will configure LTIB (kernel, RFS …) and download all packages needed. At some point, they will check this into an archive so that the Configuration Management Organization (CMO) can check it out and build it.

The CMO build will have no access to the internet and the personnel, who are not familiar with LTIB, will want to invoke a script that does everything – even setting up /opt/freecale -- with no interaction.

I have been able to do some this, such as setting up a local package pool and using preconfigure, but I cannot accomplish the whole thing without some manual interaction and/or retaining a significant amount of the build by-products.

Ideally, I would like to save nothing more than the original source (LTIB and packages) and small number of configuration files. Then have a script that takes these and performs the complete build.

3.3.042312