[Ltib] Forcing kernel rebuild

From: Petteri Matilainen
Subject: [Ltib] Forcing kernel rebuild
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 10:47:29 +0200

Hi,

I've been using LTIB for my embedded Freescale platform. The entire
build system was pre-packaged and set up. It works fine, however
recently I've noticed that even if I change something in the kernel
config, the resulting kernel image doesn't have the same config. For
example, I've been playing with SPI and sometimes I turn on the option
SPI debugging. When enabled, I see debugging messages during boot-up.
Last time I turned the option off and rebuild the kernel (ltib -m
config -> config kernel and after that just run ltib) I still got the
debug messages at boot-up.

For kernel image, I'm using the vmlinux.bin found at <ltib
dir>/rpm/BUILD/linux-2.6.38/arch/m68k/boot. Deleting the kernel tree
is not an option because I have modified the sources. Ltib version
9.1.1, Revision 1.453.

I have also tried the --force option but that doesn't work for kernel.
Is there any way to force just the kernel rebuild? Or, if anyone has
ideas why the kernel image is not what it's supposed to be? Thanks.

- Pete