lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] CVS, devel tree, 64-bit cleanness and buffer management

From: lukem . lwip
Subject: [lwip-devel] CVS, devel tree, 64-bit cleanness and buffer management
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:54:45 +1100 (EST)

Hi, I have a few questions...

First, what happened to the old devel tree? I can no longer do
cvs diff etc, which makes finding all the things I've changed more
difficult when I want to merge various source trees.

Second, can I get a new devel tree to merge in my new buffer management
code - initial testing seems to work ok, though I wouldn't expect it to be
merged into stable for a while.

Third, the checksum code in inet.c doesn't seem to work correctly for me
on 64-bit platforms, but as yet I havn't been able to figure out why. If
anyone has any idea why, please let me know. Right now I suspect two
things, first that there is a dependence on integer overflow behavour
which I havn't spotted yet, and second that there might be some alignment
issues. I think the former is more likely though. In the past we have
worked around this problem by using the network card's hardware
checksumming, but I'd like to fix the problem properly and permanently
instead.

Finally, who is / would be responsible for keeping the devel branch inline
with the stable branch as patches are applied to stable? (I've never
understood how this works with CVS anyway).

--
Luke Macpherson