lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] New queueing code committed to HEAD

From: Mountifield, Tony
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] New queueing code committed to HEAD
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:31:53 +0100

Leon wrote:
> I have just submitted new queueing code for lwIP, in
> the right way(tm). From the commit message:
> [...]
> Future work in this area:
>
> ARP will, when multiple packets are on the outgoing queue, submit
> packets to the network link drivers one-by-one in a loop. This means
> the linked list of pbufs is traversed both in etharp.c as well as in
> the Ethernet driver.

I was wondering about this. My preference would be not to overload the "next"
pointer to perform the dual functions of chaining and queuing, but to have two
separate pointers in struct pbuf. This would have two benefits:

1. The intuitive testing for NULL when traversing a chain would always work.

2. There would be no need to traverse the queue/chain in order to split queued
packets off one-by-one.

Cheers,
Tony

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND
CONFIDENTIAL to TANDBERG Television. If received in error please
notify the sender and destroy the original message and attachments.

www.tandbergtv.com