lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #17922] mem_malloc bug

From: Christiaan Simons
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #17922] mem_malloc bug
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 07:30:38 +0000

Please have a look at what i've tried before (change the #if 1 into 0). There
are two cases in malloc.

1. you need to split the first free (too large) block into two pcs
2. the first block is only large enough to fit one block, so you may not
allocate a new empty header+block as a trailer.

I think the original code did not handle these cases properly,
my changed code passes the testcase provided by Tom.

However i didn't enable it since it seem to break TCP, but maybe that is
because it assumes some behavior of the broken mem_malloc(). I did not have
the time to trace that issue.

So maybe just enable my fix, and continue from there.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?17922>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/