lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6935] Problems to be solved with the current socket/

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6935] Problems to be solved with the current socket/netconn API
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 12:17:21 +0000

The suggestions you make seem to be along the lines of fixing up the existing
sockets API.

There seems to be a lot of support at the moment for implementing a new
sockets API on top of the raw API rather than the netconn API.  I think this
is worthy of further investigation, and on the condition that we can (i) do a
better job of supporting the sockets API than we have already; (ii) and not
require additional stuff inside the stack to support it on the raw API; then
I think it would be worth trying.  However, this is very low priority.

Note, I would still retain the netconn API even if the sockets API on top of
it was removed.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6935>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/