lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6935] Problems to be solved with the current socket/

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6935] Problems to be solved with the current socket/netconn API
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 13:33:42 +0000

>The suggestions you make seem to be along the lines of fixing up the
existing sockets API.
> I agree speed is not the main goal for lwIP.

I'm agree with Kieran. Performance is not the primary goal of lwIP. Stability
is for me the top priority.

Of course, if some little changes can improve perf (without change the
stability of the stack), I'm agree. But I think that rewrite a new socket
layer as stable as the current one is so "easy"...

But ok, Atte and Simon (and others), seems ready to do it, and if I can help,
I will do with pleasure...

First of all, I think it will be good to define some "unit tests" to measure
this gain of performance. If it's just to tell "yeh, it's better, I feel
it..."  ;) , without any statistics and measures, I don't think it's was so
good. On the mailing list, we have talk to define some tests to get a
framework for evaluation (with Thomas if I remember). I think it's the first
thing to do: get some common tools or applications to measure perfs, study
behavior, to compare current api, with the new/future one...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6935>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/