lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20409] Add netif callback function for link change ev

From: Jared Grubb
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20409] Add netif callback function for link change event
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:41:20 +0000

As I think about it further, the stack would never need to know about STARTED
and STOPPED (as I think you are arguing, Frederic). I want my driver to be
startable and stoppable, but I can do that myself:

driver_init(); // this is first-time init
driver_start();
netif_set_up();
netif_set_down();
driver_stop();
driver_start(); // bring up again later
netif_set_up();

Which would leave us with:
(DOWN,NO LINK) Driver running but no link found (yet)
(DOWN, LINK  ) Driver ready to go. DHCP would neogtiate here.
( UP , LINK  ) All good.
( UP ,NO LINK) Lost link. Driver returns error on transmit. Perhaps DHCP
would bring down?

* status_callback goes to application, not driver. Driver runs the same
regardless of whether its netif is UP or DOWN.
* driver signals link change back to the stack (via one of the methods you
mention)

This is what you are saying, right Frederic?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20409>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/