lwip-devel

RE : RE : [lwip-devel] Can we remove pbuf_init()

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : RE : [lwip-devel] Can we remove pbuf_init()
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:04:58 +0200

>I agree with Frederic, although I also think there's a lot more could be
done to improve stack initialisation so users don't need to make all these
individual subsystem initialisation calls.

We have already talk about a "lwip_init" function to initialize all sub
systems. But it doesn't seem to be a idea that everyone like !!!

>#define pbuf_init() do { } while (0)

I'm always suprised about this kind of macro (the do/while(0)). Most of time,
it's generate lot of warnings. Of couse, it's perhaps compiler-dependant. I
don't understand why don't write "define pbuf_init()" ? Can you explain me
when/why such code writing ?

Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique