lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] TCP MSS question

From: address@hidden
Subject: [lwip-devel] TCP MSS question
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 19:19:40 +0100

Two questions about our TCP implementation:

- RFC 1122 says TCP should send with an MSS of "536 if no MSS option is received" (chapter 4.2.2.6). We send with our configured TCP_MSS instead. Since even Windows sends with 536 (btw: what does linux do?), we should maybe change our code to meet the RFC?

- tcp_parseopt() doesn't allow a send MSS (advertised by the remote side) to be larger than the configured TCP_MSS. Is this included in order to configure memory usage or does it have other reasons?

Simon