lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7410] Don't include internal headers in api header f

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7410] Don't include internal headers in api header files
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 21:57:35 +0000

If internal lwip structs don't cause any build problems, I'm not sure to
understand what is the real advantage (I suppose you want to be able to do
some "internal" changes in lwIP, without talking about any "api breakage").
After all, users can always include api_internal.h and directly access to
netconn fields. So, it's not really more "protected". If we want to avoid that
an user directly access to netconn or netbuf fields , perhaps we could just
add some comments in these structs? Like "don't do any direct access to these
fields, they can be change in future release, use the API functions for that",
or simply "INTERNAL FIELD, DON'T ACCESS IT". In all cases, if most of
developers are agree to do that, I would prefer one file per struct/api/file,
like "netconn_structs.h" and "netbuf_structs.h" ("structs" and not "struct",
because we could declare some others subtypes), because netbuf should be used
without netconn.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7410>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/