lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] lwIP + SLIP/PPP single threaded

From: Simon Kallweit
Subject: [lwip-devel] lwIP + SLIP/PPP single threaded
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 17:52:43 +0100

Hi

I'm in the process of porting the current lwIP 1.3.0 to eCos. I would like to do a single threaded implementation, as our hardware resources are very low. We need SLIP and/or PPP support, and this is where lwIP currently needs multiple threads. SLIP needs to be changed, so that slipif_input() assumes non-blocking reads on the serial io and returns when no more data can be read. This can be done rather easily. PPP would need to be changed in a similar fashion, making it non-blocking, and in addition provide a separate timeout implementation. I was wondering what version of pppd was used for the current lwIP ppp implementation? Is it currently maintained?

Is anyone interested in helping out?

Best regards
Simon