lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] Re: [task #7040] Work on tcp_enqueue

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] Re: [task #7040] Work on tcp_enqueue
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 09:19:37 +0000

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 12:32 -0500, bill wrote:

> Are everyone's goals a little different?

Almost certainly!

> Do we want a tiny footprint with
> no concern for throughput, or maximum throughput without regard to code
> size?

Somewhere in between.  I tend towards keeping lwIP lightweight over high
performance, but if there's something we can do to make it faster
without making it much bigger, then we should do it.

> Do we need LWIP_BUILD_FAST and LWIP_BUILD_SMALL options where these
> factors can be separated?

I'd prefer not to add yet more build options.  I'm happy to document
settings so that people can easily find out what to set to make it
faster for example, but lots of different builds means lots more testing
and harder to find bugs.

Kieran