lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #26397] SLIP polling support

From: Simon Kallweit
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #26397] SLIP polling support
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 08:57:38 +0000

Simon, I wonder if it is the right approach to just add a parameter to
slipif_input. I think we would first have to clear up on what the sio
functions are meant to do. To my guessing all the sio functions are currently
meant to be blocking. The sio API does only support aborting a read operation
yet, but no non-blocking reads. Would it make sense to introduce for example a
function sio_read_nb() to do a non-blocking read?

The other question is how to configure polling/non-polling mode. In my lwip
port, I use polling when running lwip with NO_SYS == 1 in a single thread. Is
it possible to tie the configuration for blocking/non-blocking operation to
some already existing configuration options? Or do you think that should be
more explicit?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26397>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/